This green powder is a natural and unaltered ground stevia leaf. It’s only slightly processed from organically-grown leaves and retains both the emerald color and taste of the plant.
Made from the plant species Stevia Rebaudiana, our NOP-certified organic stevia is left uniquely natural by not over-processing or irradiating, keeping the naturally-beneficial phytochemicals of the stevia plant intact.
Omica Organics’ proprietary stevia is cultivated from an extensive network of family-owned stevia farms in India. The stevia leaves are picked by hand at the peak time of the growing season and then dried naturally with sunlight and fresh air.
We then dry-steam sterilize, a process that eliminates pathogen risk while retaining the color, aroma, and taste. Unfortunately, the market is rife with stevia powders that have been sun-dried without any sterilization, zapped with radiation, or have been moist-heat sterilized, a process that damages the powder.
Our powders have low moisture, which means more stability and lower pathogenic activity. Moisture of 15% is normal for most powdered products; Omica’s have moisture levels below 5%. Lower moisture levels not only reduce the pathogen risk, but allow more room in the package for the product you’re buying.
Ours is a true fine powder made only of the stevia leaves. Many stevia powders on the market are whole plant mixtures that have only been sifted, which can leave stems and larger leaf pieces.
Stevia is a great substitute for sugar and artificial chemical sweeteners such as sucralose or aspartame. Be wary of stevia products that contain fillers or binders such as dextrose or maltodextrin. Our stevia is 100% green stevia leaf, with no fillers, no chemicals, no additives.
Note: As a fine green leaf powder, you may find it doesn’t dissolve in all liquids in the same way as our white stevia extract powder. Rather, this green powder is perfect for baking, and especially prized by customers who appreciate a more natural product.
- A True Powder From 100% Green Stevia Leaf
- No Chemicals, No Fillers, No Additives, No Solvents
- Kosher and Certified USDA NOP Organically Grown and Harvested
- Refreshingly Sweet, Smooth-Tasting
- Zero Calorie, Zero Carbohydrates, Zero Glycemic Index
- Non-GMO, Not Irradiated, Gluten-Free, Vegetarian/Vegan
- No Artificial Colors, Flavors, or Preservatives
- 25-30 Times Sweeter Than Cane Sugar
- Packaged in a Resealable Mylar Pouch for Freshness
Sourced from India. Processed in a state-of-the-art Food GMP-Certified, ISO9001: 2008-Certified, HACCP-Certified, and NOP Organic-Certified facility under strict quality standards. Tested for safety, purity and quality in independent 3rd-party US labs.
1/2 kg (500 g, 17.6 oz) Serving size: 1/4 tsp Servings per container: 1100+ Cane Sugar Equivalent: Roughly 1 1/2 tsp = 1 C sugar
Please feel free to share your experience with all of us by commenting on the Reviews tab above. Thank you.
For educational purposes only. The statements made on this website have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration and are not intended to be relied upon as medical advice. This product and information are not intended to diagnose, prevent, treat, or cure any disease, and may not apply to you. Results may vary. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking other medications, or have a serious medical condition, we suggest consulting with a physician or other appropriate.
- For educational purposes only. The statements made on this website have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration, and are not intended to be relied upon as medical advice. This product and information are not intended to diagnose, prevent, treat, or cure any disease, and may not apply to you. Results may vary. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking other medications, or have a serious condition, we suggest consulting with a physician or other appropriate medical professional before using any dietary supplements or following the information provided on this site.