Glycerin has many uses in the food and cosmetic industries. Though historically glycerin was produced commercially as a by-product in the manufacture of soap, Omica Organics glycerin is derived from soy by the process of hydrolysis, which takes off the fatty acids, leaving pure vegetable glycerin.
Much of the “organic” glycerin flooding the markets is not 100% organic, but has been certified overseas as 95% organic. These are often sold very cheaply because they contain methane and hexane from their production process.
Our pure, soy glycerin has many uses, from use in water or oil-based cosmetics, as a food preservative, and in producing such foods as herbal extracts and coffee/tea flavorings.
- NOP-Certified Organic
- Made of 100% Pure Organic Oil (Not From By-Products)
- Completely Solvent-Free
- Easily Soluble in Water
- Long Shelf Life; Will Not Easily Oxidize
- Food-Grade, Easily Digested, Certified Kosher
- Warm, Sweet Taste (Excellent Substitute for Sugar)
- Hypoallergenic, Anti-Bacterial, Nontoxic
- Humectant, Lubricating, Softening
- Country of Origin: India
- For educational purposes only. The statements made on this website have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration, and are not intended to be relied upon as medical advice. This product and information are not intended to diagnose, prevent, treat, or cure any disease, and may not apply to you. Results may vary. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking other medications, or have a serious condition, we suggest consulting with a physician or other appropriate medical professional before using any dietary supplements or following the information provided on this site.